[WriteLog] Writeelog - MMTTY Problem Resolved

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] Writeelog - MMTTY Problem Resolved
From: llindblom@juno.com
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 22:21:40 GMT
A month or so back I reported trying MMTTY in FSK mode with Writelog and having
problems with the receive audio level after a transmission either being over
driven or extremely low.  In either case decoding was impossible until I'd
slide the volume control up or down.  I had the same problem when trying RTTY
Write in FSK mode, it was a head scratcher as this had never happened in AFSK
mode with either MMTTY or RTTY Write.

After playing with a lot of things and not resolving the problem I was at the
point of trying a different sound card.  But then just for grins I renamed my
Writelog INI file and did a reinstall of 10.44 (full version).  With the new
install and resulting new INI file, the problem is resolved! I spent around 14
hours testing it in RTTY RU without one sign of a problem.

Why this resolved the problem of the the receive audio level changing after a
transmission, I do not know.  But, since it is now working OK I don't really
care why it is fixed.

73 Larry L
W0ETC