[WriteLog] Re: Re: Trouble with COM2

To: "WriteLog Reflector" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Re: Re: Trouble with COM2
From: "John Griswold" <kb1hdo@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 11:15:12 -0500
Again, thanks for all the responses - you are all very supportive.

It has been suggested that I look at interrupt latency, inter-poll timing, the
operating system, and loose connectors as issues, and also to perhaps view the
problem at the radio not talking to WriteLog v. WriteLog not talking to the
radio.

When I had set WriteLog up to use COM1, I didn't have any trouble, so I'm
opting to swap the serial ports so that WL talks to the radio on COM1. I'll go
with the assumption that there are simply too many devices sharing the one PCI
interrupt.

73,
John KB1HDO