Re: [WriteLog] New User Question on Transmit RTTY

To: "W4NKviaARRL" <W4NKviaARRL@verizon.net>,<writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] New User Question on Transmit RTTY
From: Jerry Pixton <jpixton@shentel.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 12:12:12 +0000
OM,

The IC756 Pro II only uses FSK when in the RTTY mode so of course VOX is not going to work. If you must use AFSK, (and I just had to do this switch) then you must use the Lower Sideband Data mode. Which works just fine and in fact, as was pointed out to me, has better RTTY filters then the RTTY mode does.