[WriteLog] re: CT Compatibility

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] re: CT Compatibility
From: kd0s@pie.midco.net
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 13:10:44 -0600

Thanks for all the great answers!

I am going to recap some of them here and add my comments.

<You probably have two .ini files in Windows/System.>
Good idea. A search showed only one tho..

<I sent a message out on this recently.
Search the archive for one of my messages, and it'll give you the rest of the
CT stuff that needs to be set.
What specifically is not happening?

-Bob>
I located Bob's January 2004 message and found his described settings were the
same as those in my .ini file.

<Jim, just a guess, but when an older version of WL is removed, it
still leaves about
200+ entry's in the Windows register.
I would suggest you remove 10.45 from the control panel, and then run
"regedit". Tell it to "find"  "Writelog" and then manually remove
every single entry.
Then load 10.45 and see if it makes a difference.
73

I decided to save this one as a last resort because I am chicken!

<Hi Jim,
I think the wording needs to be CtCompatibleAccel=Yes
Note the mix of caps and lower case in the word Yes.
I had that problem, and changing the format worked for me.
Hope that's all it is!>
No change as far as the problem I was having.

<10.45 changes the way that INI entry is interpreted because now
you can individually assign any key on the keyboard.
There is a button on the new Tools Keyboard Shortcuts dialog in 10.45
designed just for the situation were you don't have the results
you think should.
It is labeled "Set To Defaults".
Wayne>

What a great feature! Unfortunately I had it working before I got a chance to
see if this would take care of my problem.

>Interesting my outcome after the upgrade with CtCompatibleAccel=YES is
pushing F1 still send the F11 CQ message and that is still what shows in
Tools Keyboard Shortcuts.  Wonder why my upgrade retained that keyboard
mapping but yours didn't

W0ETC>
Larry, if it can happen to anyone..... hee hee. Wish I knew the answer to that
one.

<Both messages mention "upgrades". But I wonder if one was a full
install. That may be the key.>
Both versions were just upgrades.

My crude solution to the problem ended up as follows.
I renamed the c:\windows\writelog.ini file to writelogini.old
I tried to run the 10.45 update in an attempt to install over the existing
writelog program, and received the message that version 10 was not installed on
this computer.
I then installed an earlier full version then ran the 10.45 update, edited the
writelog.ini file by putting:
CtCompatibleAccel=YES
CqFunctionKey=11
QrzFunctionKey=3
SendCallExchangeKey=10

Under configuration and it worked just fine. Exactly as it did before the
upgrade only better!
I guess I had something simple like a corrupted install and until I removed the
writelog.ini file from the windows directory, re-installing the program didnt
work.
Jim KD0S