Re: [WriteLog] highlighting rtty callsigns

To: Scott Nichols <snichols@mvosprey.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] highlighting rtty callsigns
From: Bill Turner <wrt@dslextreme.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 14:50:13 -0800
On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 17:44:53 -0400, Scott Nichols wrote:

>Click on the first letter of an unhighlighted callsign and it will
>populate the callsign field with that call (well, anything between the
>letter you click and the next space)...I discovered this a while ago and
>have saved many curses to myself...Better than typing them in manually...

Also, be sure your SuperCheckPartial database is up to date AND
CONFIGURED CORRECTLY.  If you simply copy the latest file from AA5AU and
don't change the path, it won't work.  I think the easiest way is to
rename Don's file to master.dta and paste it into \ham\programs\ rather
than try to change the path to what his is named.

Done properly, WriteLog will highlight any callsigns it recognizes, DE
or no DE.  And the nice part is, once they're highlighted, you can click
anywhere in the highlighted part, not just at the start.

In the recent WPX, out of over 1000 calls on the screen, I'd guess fewer
than 100 were not highlighted.  If you're not getting results somewhere
in that range, something's wrong.

--
73, Bill W6WRT
QSLs via LoTW