[WriteLog] Re: Ability to QSL numbers given to you by other stn

To: "Nick Kail" <m3mlr@tiscali.co.uk>
Subject: [WriteLog] Re: Ability to QSL numbers given to you by other stn
From: "Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 18:50:02 -0000
Hi Nick and the group,

PLEASE do not do this! It may look "neat" but it is a real pain in the butt!
I got too many confusing serial numbers in WPX, with the result that I
clicked on the real serial number which then went into the callsign field!

If you answer my CQ, and I send you a number which you can't copy, ask for
it again BEFORE you send me your report. Don't expect me to confirm what you
sent, as if I am unsure, I will ask for a repeat from you before I send TU
QRZ?

Now, that brings up another point:
I saw some stations sending GU0SUP TU PLS MY NR AGN??
NO NO NO! If I see TU or RGR, I will log the contact and move on, thus
missing the request for a repeat.
If you want my number again, send NR?? NR?? and I will see that and respond
accordingly.

Just my two cents worth!
73 de Phil GU0SUP