Re: [WriteLog] Ability to QSL numbers given to you by other stn

To: jeflanders@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Ability to QSL numbers given to you by other stn
From: llindblom@juno.com
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 22:28:17 GMT
I used %F4 under marginal conditons (sub ESP copy) to ask 189 189 189 ???? (if
I'd copied something that might or might not be 189), and again under marginal
conditions for a TU message that was something like W4UK TU 189 189 DE WI0WA
CQ. The %F4 command probably shouldn't be used all the time but to me it can be
used to verify the number or ask if you have it correct.

-- Jerry Flanders <jeflanders@comcast.net> wrote:
The only thing that bugs me more than getting my number repeated back to me
is getting a 73 included near the end! Well, maybe getting past the serial
nr 599, too, but that only happens once per contest.

The exchange I always hope for (and sometimes get) includes the SN given 3
times WITH NO HYPHENS. I want spaces in there so my USOS can deal with
shift problems. Why 3 times? I am confident of the number if I see 2 out of
3 agree. Too often, it is given twice and they disagree - then we start a
lengthy repeat cycle...  For most (but not all) of the recent WPS contest I
sent my serial number 3 times, and got very few repeat requests.

Jerry W4UK