Re: [WriteLog] FW: Ability to QSL numbers given to you by other stn

To: "Nick Kail" <m3mlr@tiscali.co.uk>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] FW: Ability to QSL numbers given to you by other stn
From: Jerry Flanders <jeflanders@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 20:23:08 +0000
If I do not get the number first time around I always use the NR? NR? AGN.

If I counted right, that message will take 15 chars to transmit (each ? takes 3). I just send NR NR NR NR NR (14 chars). He/she always seems to know what I want. The additional shifts caused by the "?" just slows things down (and may even cause more confusion if one of the shift characters gets hit).

 Apart from WL 10.45 putting RTTY on the section of the cabrillo file did
anyone else find any problems??

I just got an acceptance a few minutes ago using 10.45m (and removing the RTTY).

I had MANY Rttyrite crashes (maybe 1/hr) when I was using the MMTTY plug-in and one clone window with a dumb terminal while simultaneously running a stand-alone copy of MMTTY on a second sound card. Required re-starting only the Rttyrite window, which went pretty quickly, but still a nuisance. Finally completely solved the problem by switching to Wayne's little "Writelog RTTY Receiver" (with the clone Rttyrite dumb terminal and the standalone MMTTY still running FB).

If I shout, maybe Wayne will hear me:

IF WAYNE'S "RTTY receiver" COULD DISPLAY A WATERFALL I WOULD PREFER IT TO THE MMTTY PLUGIN. COMBINED WITH THE WIDE-BAND DECODE, WAYNE'S DECODER IS VERY ACCURATE.

AND IF Rttyrite COULD DISPLAY THE OTHER SHIFT SOMEHOW I WOULDN'T NEED THE STANDALONE MMTTY. Please don't tell me about how to transfer the shifted text into the entry panel - I have to see it first to know what part to transfer.

Jerry W4UK