RE: [WriteLog] ARRL DX and more

To: "Mike Fatchett" <mike@mallardcove.com>,"'Writelog'" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [WriteLog] ARRL DX and more
From: "Sherman Banks" <w4atl@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 07:33:10 -0500
>Is there a better way to connect to packet via the internet?  I have Logic
>for my normal everyday logging and that connection has never dumped.  It
>connects to the OH2 server.

I use the VE7CC DX Cluster software.  It is shareware.

http://www.bcdxc.org/ve7cc/default.htm

This software makes it easy to configure your Cluster settings and
automatically reconnects when you are disconnected.  Use VE7CC to connect to
your favorite cluster, then connect to the VE7CC software from Writelog by
connecting to address 127.0.0.1 (your own computer.)  You can also run
another logging program and connect to VE7CC at the same time.  I also run
DXBase (along with WL) and connect to VE7CC to see if I need a new country
when a spot comes along.

>Finally, is there a way to clear the callsign with a keystroke instead of
>having to use the delete or backspace key?

Alt-W