Re: [WriteLog] Writelog and 756ProII

To: "Rick Stoneking" <w2rds@arrl.net>, <WriteLog@contesting.com>,"Jerry Pixton" <jpixton@shentel.net>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Writelog and 756ProII
From: "Ric Plummer" <ricp@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 13:13:32 -0000
This is a known architectural flaw in Icoms interface. That is you can write
the split command but you can't read it back in order to find out it's
state. This should NEVER be the case for any control funtion on an
interface, BUT Ic om blew it.
So, Writelog has taken the only possible way to work around and if you you
Writelog to set and reset the split mode it WILL keep it in sync with the
log. If you enable this feature you will find you can't turn off split on
the radio. If you do, the computer will simply turn it back on unless you
turn it off from the computer.
I use this in split mode for SSB and it's not a bad compromise, given the
Icom problem.
So, Jerry, it's not just you "HO" it's just an Icom flaw HI HI
As for the CIV address, you can cahnge that in the .ini.
All the best
Ric KV1W