Re: [WriteLog] General logging

To: "Ian White, G3SEK" <g3sek@ifwtech.co.uk>,<writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] General logging
From: "Donald Eriksen" <don.wsixffh@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 10:44:25 -0700
I agree with Jerry and Ian is right, to be a useable daily logging program,
WL would have to  be selectable per mode.

Rather than asking Wayne to do anything to make WL a daily general logging
program beyong what he's already done, which may be way out of scope for the
purpose of WL, why not do like I do and set up seperate versions of WL for
each mode?

I set up a version for each mode I operate, i.e. SSB, RTTY, CW etc with the
setup and  messages the way I like them, I call mine "DXLoggerCW",
"DXLoggerSSB", etc.,  but you can call them anything you like.

I find it no problem to quit the current version of WL and start another
when I change modes. Sure you end up with multiple logs, but I always merge
mine into my main logger (DX4WIN) for tracking and lable printing anyway. I
like WL better for daily use than DX4WIN. I don't have experience with other
loggers, and that's just my opinion.