Re: [WriteLog] Sloppy keying

To: writeLog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Sloppy keying
From: Robin Thompson <robin@g3tkf.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 09:01:54 +0100
In message <00fc01c457f3$8cc35ee0$c85c1418@attbi.com>, Dave W7DPW <w7dpw@comcast.net> writes
Check your [PORTS] section in writelog.ini and you need the following
:
The addition is:

Find the [PORTS] section.
Add this line:

CW_ON_PIN1=1
Over the last year or so I've done all the suggested changes including the above, they made not the slightest difference !
Compaq Presario/XP/FT1K ....
Occasional slurred keying ...NOT RF related ... seems down to what else the processor is doing at the time .
Creating a separate partition with W2K and just WL 10.47 (getting desperate now), it still occasionally does it - although less.

The only solution working for me seems to be forget parallel keying - serial keying with a pcmcia card works, and I've just ordered a microHam USB unit that MAY cure it.
G3TKF
Robin Thompson
City of Bath