[WriteLog] Windows XP Set Up Problems with WriteLog

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] Windows XP Set Up Problems with WriteLog
From: Ron Philip <cairngorm@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 11:20:54 -0700
I recently purchased a new computer (P4 3.0 GHZ) using Windows XP which has two serial ports and one lpt and a Creative SB live sound card. My rigs are an FT1000D and an FT1000MP and I have used the two serial ports to control the two rigs. I should like to be able to "automate" both transceivers to generate CW messages in contests but to date have not succeeded.
I gather that there are "devices"on the market that will act as interfaces between the computer and the radio to accomplish this, possibly using a USB port. Ultimately I should also like to be able to generate SSB messages using the sound card.
In the meantime I wish to ask all you learned folks on the reflector for some advice on the subject.

With respect

Ron
VE7NS