RE: [WriteLog] Open Letter to Wayne - Networking

To: "Bob McCormick W1QA" <writelog@W1QA.com>,<WriteLog@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [WriteLog] Open Letter to Wayne - Networking
From: "Jeff Maass" <jmaass@columbus.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 10:14:03 -0400

Bob:

WRT the upcoming XP SP2: newer is not necessarily better.

>From Computerworld:
http://www.computerworld.com/softwaretopics/os/windows/story/0,10801,94184,00.html

    "SP2 is due out in the third quarter, so it
     could be available as soon as next month. The
     service pack, which will be downloaded
     automatically into many PCs through Microsoft's
     Windows Update service, could break current
     applications, disrupt networking setups and
     prompt nontechnical users to make PC
     configuration decisions that may be beyond
     their grasp."

73,

  Jeff Maass  K8ND