Re: [WriteLog] Hard Drive Failure, THANKS

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Hard Drive Failure, THANKS
From: Bill Turner <wrt@dslextreme.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2004 08:44:21 -0700
On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 14:00:11 -0700, David O Hachadorian wrote:

> It's good for the
>soul to start with a fresh HD and a new OS every
>couple of years, anyway.

Dave has a very good point.  It depends partly on your "style" of
computing.  If you are a person who rarely installs new (untested)
programs and doesn't tinker with settings, etc, then backing up only My
Documents is probably the better strategy.  I, on the other hand, am a
tinkerer and several times have trashed my installation with some
bizarre program or unwise tweaks.  For me, it's best to image my drive
before I set off experimenting, and several times it has paid off,
believe me!  If things go to heck, in 15 minutes I can have my drive
back, just like the original.  A huge time saver.

It all depends.

--
Bill, W6WRT
QSLs via LoTW