Re: [WriteLog] Writelog on old PC's

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Writelog on old PC's
From: "Barry " <w2up@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 14:35:47 -0000
John,
48K RAM?  That's about what my Commodore 64 had :.)

Back to the original question:
My bet is on the RAM.  I ran WL on a P60 (Win98 FE) for quite a while
on my second computer with 128 Meg RAM with no problems, and now have
a PII-450 (256M RAM) running Win98 FE as my second computer, and it
runs great, including CW and RTTY decode.  Besides adding RAM, make
sure you shut down all the misc. programs from your toolbar (before
running WL), and go into task manager (CTL ALT DEL once) and see what
else is running in the background.  All you really need running is
Explorer and Systray.

Speaking of Win98, in case you haven't done it lately, do a Windows
update as there are a few security updates MS recently made available
(and many more for XP).

73,
Barry W2UP