Re: [WriteLog] Accessing Telnet

To: jim@n7us.net
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Accessing Telnet
From: Georgek5kg@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 10:04:36 EDT

In a message dated 7/28/2004 4:19:14 AM Mountain Daylight Time,  jim@n7us.net
writes:

Gave you tried accessing another  node.  I just did a SH/ST K5KG and see that
you show K1TTT which is  currently down.  You might try mine and see if that
makes any  difference.  Just telnet to  n7us.net.

Jim,

Yes, I have tried several sites.  Some I can access using  HyperTerminal, but
not with WL Packet Terminal.

When I use HyperTerminal I can see data "traffic" with the flashing green
light on the DSL modem. However, when I try to access a telnet site using WL
Packet Terminal, the modem green light does not flash.  Somehow the WL  Packet
Terminal is not "seeing" the Internet connection.  It was working  just fine
until I switched from broadband cable modem service to DSL.  All  of my other
access to the Internet via DSL [AOL. Internet Explorer, etc.] is  working just
fine.

Do you know the purpose of the OBJECTS commands in writelog.ini?

73, Geo...