[WriteLog] Strange glide pad interference with RTTY type aheadwindow ope

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Strange glide pad interference with RTTY type aheadwindow open
From: "M. Edward Wilborne III" <wilborne@mew3.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 17:25:37 -0400
Hi all,

I'm running WriteLog 10.48 on a Compaq Presario Laptop with WinXP SP2.

Whenever I'm using my laptop, which has an integrated glidepoint mouse pad,
and I open the type ahead window for RTTY (to ragchew or whatever) the mouse
goes completely haywire and becomes uncontrollable.  The mouse and WriteLog
works perfectly as long as I don't open the type ahead window.  To regain
control of the mouse I've been having to plug in my USB optical mini mouse.
Once I do that I get control of the mouse using the glidepad but the
accelaration of the mouse is incredible... it moves at warp speed all across
the screen requiring very precise movements to position it while the USB
mouse functions perfectly with no issue.  I believe I have to shut
everything down and reboot to get the built in mouse glidepad to work
correctly.

Has anyone else experienced this and do you have any comments on how it may
be fixed?

Thanks!
Ed - AD4AX