[WriteLog] WAEDC Comments/Requests

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] WAEDC Comments/Requests
From: Werner Maier <werner@maiers.de>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 22:50:01 +0200

Hi Guys,

some comments about writelog and WAEDC.

Receiving QTCs:

I really miss the POS1 and END key funcionality.
It would be very good, if they would work. They should go
to the pos1 or end pos of an QTC entry.

During the Contest:

We had some WAE-newbees on our contest station
(this year: DA0FF)
It seemed quite difficult for them to know all
rare country prefixes - and of course they did not
know where that country was: europe or not.

in good old CT that was quite easy:
just type in the call, press space, and the line
below the call (that one that shows "needed Call",
"needed Mult") just showed "in europe".

As europe calls are not counted, this was quite useful.

-> is there a possibility to extend writelog to do
  the same? i.e. showing "in europe" if running WAE
  from europe, and showing "not in europe" if running
  WAE from DX, everytime the call would not be counted
  for the contest?

next suggestment (comes bundled):
the in_europe/not_in_europe could be displayed on the
band map windows - there are so many unused colors.
a dark grey would be good: there is a call, but it does not
count for this contest.

last suggestment: it would great, if the QTC status would be shown directly in the bandmap, e.g. "PJ2P:0" would mean, that max qtcs of pj2p would be "0", and "K4MM:10" should indicate that there would be 10 QTCs left.

I don't suggest to solve this by color in the bandmap, because one would need even more colors: we have the following states: - call wrong continent (see suggestment above) - call needed mult - call needed, but no mult - call worked and for the last three each 2 states: QTCs left and QTCs done. (needed mult = may be worked on another band and qtc traffice may be already done - so there are two states...)

would be great to have those improvements next WAEDC-CW/SSB.

73s de Werner DL4NER.
--
Dipl.-Ing. Univ. Werner Maier
http://www.maiers.de/