RE: [WriteLog] RTTY Problem

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [WriteLog] RTTY Problem
From: "George Skoubis" <george.skoubis@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 23:01:42 -0500
Hi,

  Make sure your MARK is set correctly.

  I had this happen to me yesterday.  I made a few contacts in the
afternoon before the contest started and no one had trouble copying me.

  When the contest started I couldn't buy a QSO with stations that were
40 over (I was running 750 watts)...

  After 20 minutes of frustration I noticed the MARK tab was way off, I
set it back to 2125 and I've been able to make contacts again...

  I'm wondering why MARK is on the display screen and not just in the
options menu?  (Not a problem for Wayne, since he just interfaces with
MMTTY)...  Oh well, it was certainly operator error in my case (or
possibly my 4 year old).

73 de George / KF9YR