Re: [WriteLog] TQP - texas Mobile Changing counties

To: mtyler@metrix1.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] TQP - texas Mobile Changing counties
From: Georgek5kg@aol.com
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 10:37:11 EDT
In a message dated 9/27/2004 7:36:12 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
mtyler@metrix1.com writes:

Mtyler, I will try to help you with this, but I don't really  understand your
questions.  I am not sure if you are addressing issues  for stations outside
of TX who are chasing the mobiles and, therefore, are  having problems
identifying the mobiles' counties.  Or, are you addressing  issues as a mobile
station in TX who is going from county to county?

After  entering a Q and hitting enter the county we are in does not come up
until  a letter is depressed.
This sentence makes no sense.  Can you pse restate?

On Sunday, we got many requests for the county we were in.

If you were only signing W5ABC/m, of course you will get many requests for
your county.  In my opinion, mobiles should ALWAYS sign as  follows:
W5ABC/CTY, not W5ABC/m which leaves the pack guessing which  county W5ABC is
in.
Furthermore, unless mobiles have a really  strong run going, they should sign
W5ABC/CTY after each QSO.  Failure  to do this will cause many stations, who
have
just tuned onto the  mobile's frequency, to ask "CTY?".

How does one have the county appear without typing in a  letter in the call
field?
Huh?  I don't understand the question.  What do you mean by "have  the county
appear"?

During a normal q this is not a problem. As one types the first  letter of
call the COUNTY appears.

Again, your statement is unclear.  Are you saying that if you type "K"  in
the callsign field, W5ABC/m's county will appear in the CTY field?  If  so,
that
just isn't true.

If you can be more explicit, maybe I can help.

73, George, K5KG/7