RE: [WriteLog] CW Paddle

To: "Writelog" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [WriteLog] CW Paddle
From: "Bob Lafont" <blafont@frontiernet.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 22:13:02 -0500
Larry,

Your $0.02 is a good tip along with all the other comments and
recommendations everyone sent.

If I connect the paddle (not a keyer, just a paddle) in parallel with the
computer output keying then I would have to push the keyer button on my MKV
to use the paddle and reach for the paddle before I would be able to
respond. It doesn't sound like a big deal but it does add time before I
could respond.

The ideal solution would be to use the paddle to send CW from Writelog (from
the LPT connection from my DX Doubler box) as well as have Writelog send
computer generated CW.

The MK1100 would be great if I hadn't already invested in the DX Doubler but
that's 20/20 hindsight. I have a hard enough time with 20/20 foresight.

73-Bob
WA2MNO