Re: [WriteLog] W9XT card recording fix for 10.50

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] W9XT card recording fix for 10.50
From: K4BEV@aol.com
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 09:31:21 EDT
<<< Again, if you do not run a W9XT card then you have NO need for this
patch. >>>

Now I'm confused on this issue.
I'm still using 10.48F because I couldn't record messages on the fly with
10.49 (at least that's what I understand from posts on this reflector). I use
no
outboard cards, as (other than not being to use a paddle through the computer)
I've found WLs functionality just GREAT without them.

On the WL history page I've read, under 10.50 changes:
"Add INI switch to say whether record-on-the-fly asserts PTT"

Does this mean that messages can once again be recorded on the fly with 10.50?
Or did I just misunderstand the "fact" that it was broken??

I don't need 20 prerecorded messages. I only use 3 or 4 during a contest
anyway, but being able to change them on the fly is, in my opinion, ONE of the
program's best features for SSB contesting (although if there's a CW only
category in any given contest I usually just skip the SSB QSOs and have even
more
FUN). (My hearing above abt 1.5k is toast, but I can still hear 700 cps just
fine.)

CU in the tests,
Don - K4BEV