Re: [WriteLog] fsk w/ft920

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] fsk w/ft920
From: K4SB <k4sb@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 15:23:24 +0000
> I read in AA5AU's website about
> some guys having luck hooking the fsk line directly to the
> com port pin and bypassing the interface circuit.
---------------------
This will work when keying a rig on FSK. However, I believe some
earlier discussion on either this or the RTTY reflector recommended an
inline resister of about 1000 ohms.

> Should I build the keying circuit for ptt instead? Any help
> would be appreciated.
> Thanks-Bob-WT9Q

The keying circuits shown on Don's web page are tried and trusted.
They can be built in about 15 mins. I enclose mine on a 5 pin phenolic
strip from RS and then put it in an
empty Rx bottle with holes drilled in each end for the cables. One
word of caution. Put the cables through the bottom and top of the
bottle BEFORE you begin wiring. ):>

73
Ed