[WriteLog] Isolating Audio out to Xceiver

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Isolating Audio out to Xceiver
From: "Hank Lonberg" <kr7x@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2004 13:22:51 -0800

Looking to help a good friend and DXpedition contester with
an apparent audio problem.

Using writelog and has *.wav files all recorded with a
laptop. Hooked up headphones out to radio with a y cable at
the mike in (Heil head set) adaptor. The radio is a ICOM 756
Pro II. Hum and feed back is noticed in the monitor.

My question is if I build a cable with an RS isolation
xformer in line do I need to not connect the ground side of
the transformer on the radio side? I see this in some
schematics of this type of hook-up. I thought the xformer
isolates the sound card from the radio and this doesn't
matter.

Someone who is using a laptop with writelog, Pro II and wave
files for keying please respond. On or off list doesn't
matter.

73
Hank / KR7X
IH9P Pantelleria Contest Team