Re: [WriteLog] more SSB messages don't work .. it never ends

To: "Alan Maenchen" <ad6e@inreach.com>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] more SSB messages don't work .. it never ends
From: Jerry Pixton <jpixton@shentel.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 12:21:58 +0000
Al,

I would suggest rather than change the ini file directly (which is what I did as I was learning) use the Tools, Keyboard Shortcuts to select the action you want for that key and then click on the Add button before the OK button. If you like what you did, then Save the configuration and your ini file will be changed.

But you can't have both record on-the-fly and play wave files for Shifted Function keys at the same time. It is one or the other.

Pointing (meaning double clicking) to a wave file (in file explorer) will only play the wave file in you media player - it has nothing to do with Writelog.

If you want to be able to play what you just recorded you can for example use the Shift+F3 key to record on-the-fly a wave file which is named by writelog msg3.wav. You can then playback that message in writelog by pressing the F3 key (not the Shift+F3 key).

Hope that helps.

Jerry, W6IHG