Re: [WriteLog] Filter Reset by Clicking Spot

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Filter Reset by Clicking Spot
From: Jim Smith <jimsmith@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 16:22:09 -0800
Is it possible to send rig commands using Function keys? If so, you could store the appropriate command in an F Key message to turn RIT back on or restore your filter setting. Means you still have to perform an action but at least you don't have to take your attention from the keyboard/monitor.

73 de Jim Smith VE7FO

George Skoubis wrote:

Rick / N6RK asked "Is there any fix for this on the FT-1000D?"

Not that I know of... I don't have a FT-1000D and the Orion is using its
internal firmware to retain the bandwidth settings.

The Orion has a command to change bandwidths by computer control so
Wayne could add a command from within Writelog to send a filter width
command when sending the frequency command. Since the Orion allows us
to set a new bandwidth as outlined below it's probably not worth the
effort Wayne would put into the change (for the Orion anyways).

I don't know if the FT-1000 series allows filter width commands from the
serial port but each rig that allows filter width commands would need a
change to the rig driver as well as the changes Wayne would make to the
program (menu for choosing default bandwidth, or change in program to
read ini file and use default set there).

73,

George / KF9YR