[WriteLog] NO LPT CW Keying

To: "'WriteLog'" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] NO LPT CW Keying
From: <kk9a@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 00:06:54 -0000
Make sure that address of your LPT1, in the [ports] section of writelog.ini
matches your system, which you can view in the windows system control panel.
There's a  program called fport16.exe that may automatically change your
writelog.ini to something incorrect.  If so, you'll need to delete
fport16.exe from your writelog program directory.  You didn't say what
operating system you are using, but if you are using Windows XP you'll need
a third party software to get Writelog to see your parallel ports.  I've had
excellent results with Direct IO and Windows XP Professional.

GL,
John  KK9A / P40A