RE: [WriteLog] Using Writelog in another country

To: jmaass@columbus.rr.com, writelog@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [WriteLog] Using Writelog in another country
From: Werner Maier <werner@maiers.de>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 21:14:28 +0100

Hi,

> With Writelog registered to me, G3SJJ, how do I get it to score CQWW160
> properly if I am using it in say KP2.

change the following entry in writelog.ini to the callsign used,
so WL will count the multipliers correct.

[Multipliers]
CallPrefix=DL4NER
[...]

This doesn't work for my installation of WL10.48F for CQWW 160 CW. I tried 'PJ2T', 'PJ2', and 'G3' for the 'CallPrefix' value.

For all, I get zero points indicated for any QSO, and
a "?" indication for the multiplier.

Any other critical configuration items?

a) maybe the writelog ini editor helps: <http://www.kregli.com/wliniedit.htm>

b) since WL10.45? (not really sure about the version)
  the writelog ini can be stored in the windows registry.

  You can copy the c:\windows\writelog.ini to registry
  using "wlini.exe" (found in the writelog\programs\ directory).

  After You using that program once(!) the Settings are stored
  in registry. Part is global (HKLM\Software\W5XD\Writelog\...)
  and part of it is per user (HKCU\Software\W5XD\Writelog\...)

You can switch back if You start that program (wlini.exe) again.

I did not test this by myself, only found it using google.

good luck.

Werner, DL4NER.
--
Dipl.-Ing. Univ. Werner Maier