RE: [WriteLog] why no XP LPT keying?

To: <k3xo@dx.k3xo.net>, <KI9A@aol.com>
Subject: RE: [WriteLog] why no XP LPT keying?
From: "Don Cassel" <ve3xd@rogers.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 10:10:47 -0500
This problem is not only evident with LPT keying although I eventually gave
up on using LPT in favour of serial either directly or with a USB adaptor.
Although serial seems to be less of a problem I do have cases when keying
doesn't work. Either nothing happens or sometimes a key down situation.
Recently I have made a practice of switching to DX4WIN to make sure of the
hardware integrity and it always works.

Usually my problems in Writelog are resolved by going through several reboot
cycles which leads me to believe that Windows is part of the problem.
However, that doesn't explain why DX4WIN always works but Writelog doesn't.
I never know exactly what I did to fix it.

Don VE3XD