Re: [WriteLog] no cw

To: "'Rsauvan'" <cabmas@chorus.net>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] no cw
From: "Rick Graham" <rick.graham3@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 05:34:43 -0500
Bob,

You don't explain what interface you are using. I'm also using an FT-920 and
have the W1GEE LPT interface to my XP computer. I do not wish to re-open the
thread on LPT or XP - suffice it to say that both work fine here.

You have to be in CW mode to send CW. This is different than RTTY where you
have to be in Data mode. If you go in thru the back of the rig, you have to
make sure that you are in MANUAL mode (i.e. not keyer). I have my keyer
plugged into the front which is a real nice feature of the 920 that I like.
Do you have other programs where CW DOES work? If so, then I'd look at the
WL settings.

I'll be playing around in the contest part time over the weekend. Hope this
helps and see you on the air.

73 DE AI3W, Rick