Re: [WriteLog] Dual monitors

To: <writelog@contesting.com>,"Marc Ressler" <marc.ressler@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Dual monitors
From: "FireBrick" <w9ol@billnjudy.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 07:19:13 -0600
There are two issues here.
First are the programs. Apparently (I say that as I 'think' there is some
windows
programming parameter) some programs have the setting built in to open in the
same size
and location as they were last closed.
Second is the video card. The now easy to obtain and inexpensive Matrox G450
series cards
have software that automatically remembers most windows positions.

I've used this approach. Stretching your desktop across two monitors is ok if
they are the
same size and resolution.
But is clumsy if they are different.
With my Matrox cards, I have different resolutions on each monitor.

It is possible to use two single output video cards or a mainboard video and
aux video
card.
this can get messy though with one being AGP and other PCI etc.

I went the dual video cards, got them on eBay for pretty cheap.