Re: [WriteLog] Dual monitors

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Dual monitors
From: Marc Ressler <marc.ressler@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 17:15:16 -0500
I believe the Logger32 software remembers where I left things on the two
monitors, but have to double check that it's not just because I have a
large main window set up.

I have a pair of 15" LCD monitors that are both 1024x768 (although the
colors aren't the same on the two, even after some twiddling). I discovered
the hard way that the current vogue in built in video is to implement it as
an AGP bus system. This meant when I tried adding a cheap AGP card the
computer just switched to it, rather than using the onboard circuit. This
forced me to go the PCI card route, so yes, I have effectively a PCI and an
AGP card. The extended desktop approach in windows works just fine - except
for remembering where to put the windows when you open some programs.

For this weekend, I guess I'll just set up what I want, leave everything
turned on, and hope nothing crashes.

MarC, K3NCO
marc.ressler@verizon.net