[WriteLog] PTT THROUGH RADIO CONTROL (LITERALLY)

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] PTT THROUGH RADIO CONTROL (LITERALLY)
From: "Larry Schimelpfenig" <k7sv@adelphia.net>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 20:01:43 -0400
My ICOM 746 and 756PROII radios will do PTT through radio control. When I
say that I don't mean it uses DTR or RTS on the same port as radio control.
I mean within the radio control command table there is a data block that is
described as "Exchanges transmit and receive (0=Rx, 1=Rx). This means that
simply by virtue of having radio control, you can key and unkey the radio
through Writelog and MMTTY. It's very handy with rtty and for the voice
keyer.

Do any of you know if any of the other radio manufacturers provide this
feature as well?

73 de Larry K7SV