[WriteLog] Direct IO Install Woes

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] Direct IO Install Woes
From: Eric Hilding <dx35@hilding.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 09:22:26 -0700
It's panic time here as will gone most of the day and would like to use WL
in an on-air CW event tonight.

I installed a more current version of WL on a new Dell D600 Latitude
notebook which has that nasty WinXP OS, and from various threads it seemed
Direct IO would be needed to get CW working so I downloaded it.  Couldn't
find my W1GEE adaptor so had another one air expressed out and it's
here.  It seemed everything was ready to rock 'n roll last night.

However, I incorrectly assumed that Direct IO would be an completely
automatic install from start to finish, including auto-read of my parallel
port info, etc.  Not being a hardware tech, I'm clueless as to a HEX or DEC
port address range being asked for, and exactly how to pull things together
in all required parts of the Direct IO config widget so I can get CW happening.

Any help would be g-r-e-a-t-l-y appreciated !!!

Tnx & 73...

Rick, K6VVA