Re: [WriteLog] Start Sending Now feature in Writelog

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Start Sending Now feature in Writelog
From: ad6e@inreach.com
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 13:28:20 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks for the clairification Jim!  Somehow I figured the need was
associated with slow typing, but wasn't really sure. In my case, I type in
the call character by character as I hear it .. even if at 40wpm. My
memory is only one character long so if I miss something it's QLF time.
So, if the machine began sending after entering 4 or 5 characters I'd miss
the 5th or 6th character (if it exists).

I deal with fills with %C? in one of the F keys, plus (in most contests) a
different F key for the exchange minus the call. Taking advantage of the
red box situation is extreamly rare... at least for me.

One of the most useful classes I ever took in high school was .. typing  :-)

73, Al  AD6E