Re: [RTTY] [WriteLog]

To: writelog@contesting.com, rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] [WriteLog]
From: K4SB <k4sb@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 14:49:20 +0000
Fellows, with an hour to go, and nothing else to do, I did the
unthinkable with the hamshack computer. I upgraded to 10.54 using
program defaults. Everything seemed fine until I started the setup for
RTTY using MMTTY and the SM3CER plug in.

There was no way I could get MMTTY to interface with WL. MMTTY ( 165d
) worked fine by
itself, and WL worked perfectly by itself. But the interface just
wasn't there in the
installed programs. ( btw XP upgrade )

So, I reloaded the SM3 plug in, and things got interesting. The plug
in said WL must be installed first. Sounds reasonable....

Now, I have the McAfee anti-v and firewall on that machine. Tried
disabling both and same results. Also, ran scan on the machine. No
problems.

In short, I spent the next few hours trying to get the thing back to
normal, including
restoring the C drive from a Ghost image on the D drive. ( in effect,
nullifying every
thing I had previously done ) Now, a set of programs which had worked
perfectly together a few hours before started giving me the same
results.

I have no idea what caused this, no virus warnings of any type, it
just won't go.

I did notice one anomaly. That machine has 3 256 memory chips. On
boot, the BIOS shows
768 of memory, but Windows only sees 512.

I'm about 2 hours from reformatting the whole thing.

Hope someone can help.

73
Ed