Re: [WriteLog] 756 Pro 3 Interface

To: "WriteLog" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] 756 Pro 3 Interface
From: Phil Florig <W9IXX@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 19:47:50 -0400
Hi Natan,

I just set up the Pro III that am taking to CY0AA and found it a bit
confusing also.  The short answer is that pin 5 is a fixed OUTPUT of the
AF FROM the transceiver.

On Pg 20 the chart is right in what it says.
On Pg 19 the first diagram is what I wired and is a little confusing.
However, the statement is in the TNC box and means that it is the
INPUT of audio to the TNC...

Wire as shown and works great here.  Using PRO III w/Rigblaster Pro and
in the NAQP RTTY test worked fine.

I did not wire pin 4 for mike as use the mike connector.

Hope this is clear and helpful.

73   Phil W9IXX

At 18:27 7/16/2005, you wrote:
>Has anyone successfully integrated a 756 Pro3 with the output of a sound
>card?  I don't want to use the microphone input and the manual is unclear
>(at least to me) about just what pin 5 exactly does on accessory 1 socket.
>The manual calls it an AF input on page 19 but on page 20 pin 5 is called an
>AF output.  Is pin 5 the input from the sound card to drive the transceiver
>when using WL and the MK1100?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Natan W6XR

Philip Florig           e-mail:pflorig@ieee.org
115 Horne Rd.               (or):W9IXX@arrl.net
Columbus, NC. 28722         amateur radio:W9IXX
USA                         MARS:AAM4ENC/AAR4XX
     team member:AH1A-C6DX-CY0AA-J3A-KH8SI-VP2MX
        also:C6AXX-J3X-KH8/-T30,31,32,33P-VP2MPF
IPR Systems, Inc.           tel: 1-708-385-7500
11651 Mayfield Ave.         fax: 1-708-385-7515
Alsip, IL. 60803          email:info@iprsys.com
USA                              web:iprsys.com
    INDUSTRIAL POWER SUPPLIES & RECTIFIERS