[WriteLog] Mid-confusion stage of SO2R setup

To: "Writelog" <writelog@contesting.com>,"'DX 4 Windows'" <dx4win@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: [WriteLog] Mid-confusion stage of SO2R setup
From: "Stan Staten" <stan.staten@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 09:58:23 -0400
I am trying to figure out how to do SO2R with both Writelog and DX4WIN.
Therefore I am posting this message on  both lists.  My goals are to use
the computer for CW and DVK as well as microphone, headset and a CW
paddle on either radio.  (I already have the microphone integrated with
a Rigblaster).  I have been looking over the documents on the DX-Doubler
and the W5XD keyer and have corresponded with the DXD folks. While it
would be nice to have the computer automate the switch between radios,
it is not a requirement for me as I tend to use the dual VFOs in my MP
as a dual radio sort of thing.  I am still not clear what will work if
at all with either of these items.  I would appreciate responses from
those who have already gone through this.  Right now it might be useful
to express what I think I know on it and open it up for correction and
comment.

1.      The DXD docs say it works with Writelog, but the ham who
responded to my questions addressed to the link on their web site uses
CT and does not have personal experience with Writelog.
2.      The interfacing of the DXD to Writelog seems dependant on use of
the W5XD keyer which itself is listed as a SO2R box.
3.      From what I can tell from the W5XD keyer stuff on their web page
it is a great CW device but doesn't seem to support TX audio.
4.      Both boxes are around $200 and it seems you need both.
5.      Not clear what works on DX4WIN as the info I found in the DX4WIN
documents I have is somewhat general.

As I said, I am in the mid-confusion stage and would appreciate
corrections to my (mis-) understanding listed herein.

73 Stan, N3HS