Re: [WriteLog] Mid-confusion stage of SO2R setup

To: "Stan Staten" <stan.staten@verizon.net>,"Writelog" <writelog@contesting.com>,"'DX 4 Windows'" <dx4win@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Mid-confusion stage of SO2R setup
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 11:12:00 -0400
>1.      The DXD docs say it works with Writelog, but the ham who
>responded to my questions addressed to the link on their web site uses
>CT and does not have personal experience with Writelog.

Definitely does - K4JA did it in his SO2R setup.

>2.      The interfacing of the DXD to Writelog seems dependant on use of
>the W5XD keyer which itself is listed as a SO2R box.

No, it just takes some jumper settings inside the DXD itself.  Paul didn't
use the XD keyer.

>3.      From what I can tell from the W5XD keyer stuff on their web page
>it is a great CW device but doesn't seem to support TX audio.
>4.      Both boxes are around $200 and it seems you need both.
>5.      Not clear what works on DX4WIN as the info I found in the DX4WIN
>documents I have is somewhat general.

I use my DXD with DX4WIN (and N1MM Logger, but that's another story).  No
problems within the limited range of what DX4WIN does - sending CW,
mainly.  AFSK also works, from MMTTY.

73, Pete N4ZR