[WriteLog] Using Writelog LPT ports with XP

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] Using Writelog LPT ports with XP
From: k2qmf@juno.com
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 16:07:26 -0400
Hello All,

I have spent many hours trying to get Direct I/O
to work on my new computer so that I could send CW
via my LPT port.
The computer uses Windows XP.

Well I finally figured it out!!  I'm sure most already have
gotten it to work but I'm not very computer literate.

Anyway here is the way to do it:
1 - Open the Direct I/O control panel.
2 - In the I/O Ports Tab enter the BEGIN and END address.
      For LPT1 it is  378  and  37A.
3 - Click ADD button ( This is the step they left out)..
4 - Go to the SECURITY Tab
5 - Click BROWSE button and locate writelog directory.
6 - From there locate writelog\Programs\WriteL32.exe and click OPEN
7 - Click ADD.
8 - Close Control Panel...

That's it!!  It works great....    Good Luck.

73,  Ted  K2QMF

P.S. - Remember you must do step 3 or forgetaboutit...