Re: [WriteLog] WL Audio/PTT problem

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] WL Audio/PTT problem
From: K6VVA <dx35@hilding.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 08:36:39 -0800
You guys are the greatest...so many responses and config options (also
directly).

It appears the ideal is to use one SignaLink from the computer into the
DXD.  I have one slight problem...my eyesight has dwindled for small wire
soldering, etc., and my tech ham pal who does this stuff for me isn't
available today.  The SignaLink TX audio and PTT come out via an RJ45
multi-wire jack to go into a TXRX multiport, and I'm not sure of the audio
level.  I just left a message on the SL voicemail up in Oregon so hopefully
will hear back this morning.

As a temporary fix, I'm hoping there is still a way to shut-off PTT and
audio muting from WL via the .ini file somehow (a stripped down .ini is at
the bottom herein...maybe with a DVK setting???).  Also, in spite of trying
various audio adaptors and cables, I only get a dead hum sound into the
SignaLink when WL is in the Right radio position.  I've tried every
thinkable stereo-2-mono adaptor I could get my hands on but still no joy.

Hmmm...a new thught...I'll be close to HRO in Sunnyvale late this afternoon
on the way to a birthday function.  If there is some *** WL FRIENDLY ***
off-the-shelf soldering-free "quality" EXTERNAL audio card/control widget
that will enable me to simply take stereo output from the 1/8" computer
sound card directly into the DXD I'd sure LOVE to know about it.  Of
course, I will need to get the audio from my Heil headset (1/8" mini) into
the DXD as well (there is only ONE 1/8" mini audio input jack on the front,
and the PTT RCA jack is on the back).

Tnx, guys.  Looking forward to hearing Jamie, NS3T's, pre-record stuff this
weekend...I'm still wayyyy behind on that project here.

73...

Rick, K6VVA

(Partial WL .ini)

[PORTS]
COM1:=4800,n,8,1,
COM2:=4800,n,8,1,
COM3:=4800,n,8,1,
COM4:=4800,n,8,1,
CWPTTCONTROL=0
CWPTTDELAY=0
dvktype=3
dvkport=4
cwtype=2
cwport=6
dvkstoploop=1
dvkechomic=2
Comm2RigManager={D0DE9422-0517-11D4-9D1B-00105AA43DDF}
Comm2XmitControl=NEVER
Comm4RigManager={D0DE9422-0517-11D4-9D1B-00105AA43DDF}
Comm4XmitControl=NEVER
Comm1RigManager={D0DE9422-0517-11D4-9D1B-00105AA43DDF}
Comm1XmitControl=ALWAYS
Comm2Used=USED,POLL,3
Comm4Used=USED,POLL,3

[Configuration]
DataFiles=E:\Program Files\WriteLog\contest\
WaveFileLocation=E:\Program Files\WriteLog\WaveFiles\k6vva\arrlss2005\
RecordingLocation=E:\Program Files\WriteLog\AudioRecording\
RigPollInterval=500
HeadphonesLatch=0
EntryIsFreeForm=0
EntryIsOnlyFreeForm=0
DisableCommPTT=YES
QrzFunctionKey=3
SendCallExchangeKey=10
CwSendPartialCallCorrections=0
CTCompatibleAccel=YES
CurrentOperator=K6VVA
StartBandmap=YES
tzseconds=1
tziseast=1
cwspd00=7
cwspd01=10
cwspd02=12
cwspd03=15
cwspd04=18
cwspd05=20
cwspd06=22
cwspd07=25
cwspd08=28
cwspd09=30
cwspd10=32
cwspd11=35
cwspd12=38
cwspd13=40
cwspd14=42
cwspd15=45
cwwt00=113
cwwt01=123
cwwt02=128
cwwt03=133
cwwt04=143
SendCallExchangeKey=10
StartPacket=YES
CqFunctionKey=11
HeadPhonesSplit=1
StationId=A
MyNodeName=OWNER-F927EA04C
Run2EntryWindows=YES
[Summary]
MultNames=Sec,Dx,ITU,DX,Mul,Zn,St,Grid,ZN,MUL,Ca,Co,Pref,HQ,Sta,Prov,DXCC
QsoNames=QSO,CW,PH,RT
W=217
H=147

[WlSound]
LineInProfile=2
LeftFader=65535
RightFader=65535
ContinuousRecord=0
EnableRecordingLoop=0
PauseRecordingDuringXmit=0
Compression=0

[PORTS]
dvktype=3
dvkport=4
cwtype=1
cwport=2
dvkstoploop=1
dvkechomic=1
Comm1Used=CW,POLL,3
Comm1RigManager={D0DE9422-0517-11D4-9D1B-00105AA43DDF}
Comm1XmitControl=NEVER
CWPTTCONTROL=0
CWPTTDELAY=0

[RIGS]