[WriteLog] WL Nightmare

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] WL Nightmare
From: K6VVA <dx35@hilding.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 23:49:32 -0800
Forgetting the PTT issue...

It is now EIGHT HOURS of fiddling and completely reconfiguring everything ;-(

I swapped all serial port connections, radio 1 & radio 2 via the DXD, etc.,
etc., and changed the L-R radio designations in WL, etc.,etc.  Here's what
still happens.

In spite of using a stereo "Y" to L & R mono cables out of the computer and
trying each side, the audio will only work on the WRONG radio selected in
WL.  In other words, Radio 2 has my outboard audio card but it will only
work when WL is in the Radio 1 position.  The audio seems to mute out when
I switch radios...regardless of which way I have them configured.

#&^! ... IMHO, WL should have a config option to be able to ASSIGN audio
out (either L, R or both), and a SIMPLE human checkbox or radio button
manipulation.   Nevertheless...

I'm only using the SSB messages for CQ, callsign, exchange, exchange repeat
segments, 'AGN PSE', etc., and will only be used on one radio.  Why on
earth I can't route the audio ONLY to that radio WHEN THAT RADIO IS
SELECTED IN WL is driving me totally nuts.  There's gotta be some .ini way
of fixing this.  $40 of Radio Shack adaptors and cables has not solved the
problem.

Tnx & 73...

Rick, K6VVA