[WriteLog] HAL ST-8000

To: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@ispwest.com>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] HAL ST-8000
From: <jduerbusch@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 8:07:24 -0600
Hi Bill, your ST-8000 should use the 'Dumb Terminal' selection in the Writelog
menu.  There are NO commands that you can send the ST-8000.

What you need is an RS-232 signal out of the ST-8000 to the comport connector
for receive, and a input on the ST-8000 to receive the outgoing RS-232 from the
comport.

I found it easier to use my PK-232 as a back-end for ST-6 or Dovetron.  Or
maybe I should say the ST-6/Dovetron was the front end for the PK-232.  You
could do the same with your ST-8000.

There is a article on my website that expains this for the ST-8000/PK-232.
http://www.qsl.net/k0bx/st8000.htm

If you want to use the ST-8000 w/o the PK-232 you will need a PTT circuit along
with the comport output.

Check out
http://www.aa5au.com/rttyinterface.html

For a circuit.

HOpe this helps?  I do not own a ST-8000 so I can't give you the exact circuit.

Joe K0BX
look for me as W0MA (Mcdonnell aircraft) in the Rtty Roundup.

Stop the insanity!
Please do not add me to any distribution lists (Joke, Stories or Junk) without
my permission.