Re: [WriteLog] Intermittent PTT Dropout

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Intermittent PTT Dropout
From: "Charles Morrison" <cfmorris@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 23:38:02 -0600
Mike, what are you using to generate PTT?  I had this problem with Comm PTT
enabled in WL, but havent had it since with serial port PTT.  For the
contest rigs at the camp, I built the 3 separate function breakout box (at
home I built just FSK into the shell) using a Radio Shack box and little
piece of breadboard with both going to RCA jacks.  Now I have PTT, CW and
FSK on one serial port, and havent had the same PTT problem since.

A lot of times I had a problem with PTT hanging because of RF interfering
with the CAT signal to tell the rig to unkey.  I just lived with the
intermittent key/unkey and noticed that it went away when I changed both
rigs to serial PTT.

Charlie
KI5XP