[WriteLog] HAL DXP38, XP and Writelog prob.

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] HAL DXP38, XP and Writelog prob.
From: Ken Eigsti <diverken@chaffee.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2006 14:08:33 -0700
Hi
Just curious out there in RTTY land if anyone has had this problem and
subsequent solution.

The players are:  Windows XP Home, Writelog latest version, HAL DXP38

Problem: When I boot up Writelog, immediately the DXP38 goes to standby
mode. Will not receive RTTY. (Even if it has been shut off in RX mode)
Only solution so far: Exit Writelog and boot up DXWIN. DXP38 goes to RX and
all is well. Exit DWXIN and when Writelog is booted it now runs. As long as
the computer is still running and the DXP38 is still on, I can exit
Writelog and then reboot and it works. However, if the computer is turned
off and then on again, it will not reboot without DXWIN first..

On my old laptop with Windows 98, no problem at all. Writelog boots and
runs ok.

This is happening with 2 stations I have, both with XP and DXP38's. (even
with old version of WL same symptoms)

Has anybody run into this problem? If so, what was your solutions?

P.S. I checked with Ron and he can run the program FB with DXP38. So, it
appears to be an unusual problem..

73 Ken
W0LSD