Re: [WriteLog] HAL DXP38, XP and Writelog prob.

To: Ken Eigsti <diverken@chaffee.net>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] HAL DXP38, XP and Writelog prob.
From: K0BX <jduerbusch@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2006 22:00:47 +0000
Hi Ken, always nice to work you in the rtty contests.

I not sure what your problem is, but it sounds like you went to a new
computer or maybe just Windows XP.  It could be an IRQ conflict but
those are rare these days.  But I would look to see if maybe your modem
is on the same comport even though you dont use it.

The other solution is in Writelog.  Look in your Writelog.ini file and
see that the comport do not have the "X" behind them.

Here  is a short article I wrote for the PK-232 but would be the same
for your DXP38.

PK-232 INTERFACING
A PK-232 may be used for CW keying.  See the documentation of that device
for information on connecting the PK-232 to your computer.  If WriteLog will
not communicate with your PK-232, it may be necessary to do the
editing described below.
Using NotePad edit C:\Windows\writelog.ini  as follows:
In the file, go to the section labeled [Ports].
Look at the line for the Com port you intend to use.  It will look like
this:
COM1:=9600,n,8,1,x
Check to be sure all parameters are correct, then Delete the final x
(but not
the comma).  It should look like this:
COM1:=9600,n,8,1,
Click on File, Save.  Then open WriteLog; this should allow
your PK-232 to communicate with WriteLog.

Just something to look at.  Please Ken when you find the solution please
put it out here so we can all learn from it.

73
Joe K0BX

Ken Eigsti wrote:
> Hi
> Just curious out there in RTTY land if anyone has had this problem and
> subsequent solution.
>
> The players are:  Windows XP Home, Writelog latest version, HAL DXP38
>
> Problem: When I boot up Writelog, immediately the DXP38 goes to standby
> mode. Will not receive RTTY. (Even if it has been shut off in RX mode)
> Only solution so far: Exit Writelog and boot up DXWIN. DXP38 goes to RX and
> all is well. Exit DWXIN and when Writelog is booted it now runs. As long as
> the computer is still running and the DXP38 is still on, I can exit
> Writelog and then reboot and it works. However, if the computer is turned
> off and then on again, it will not reboot without DXWIN first..
>
> On my old laptop with Windows 98, no problem at all. Writelog boots and
> runs ok.
>
> This is happening with 2 stations I have, both with XP and DXP38's. (even
> with old version of WL same symptoms)
>
> Has anybody run into this problem? If so, what was your solutions?
>

> P.S. I checked with Ron and he can run the program FB with DXP38. So, it
> appears to be an unusual problem..
>
> 73 Ken
> W0LSD

Stop the insanity!
Please do not add me to any distribution lists (Joke, Stories or Junk)
without my permission.