[WriteLog] Need Information and Help With Writelog,Windows 2000 and Dire

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Need Information and Help With Writelog,Windows 2000 and Direct I/O
From: "James Turle (jturl)" <jturl@cisco.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 09:36:54 -0500
Folks,
I have an IBM laptop T-42, with Windows 2000. I've installed Writelog
10.56C. The lap top only has a parallel port on the back which is a DB
25 pin connector, no serial ports, and two USB ports on the side. I am
wondering if anyone has a similar set up, and has used the Direct I/O
download, and experiences good and/or bad ? I can use the program to
log, but can not use the PC to control the radio or send cw since
Writelog will not recognize the LPT1 with Windows 2000. Talked to a few
other hams and they pointed me in the direction of micro ham-usa and
their interface products, however I am thinking since I want the PC to
send cw from the key board Direct I/O for $29 may be the cheapest way to
go.

Comments please

Jim
WA8RCN