Re: [WriteLog] MMTTY plug in problem

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] MMTTY plug in problem
From: "David Hachadorian" <k6ll@adelphia.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 02:27:50 -0000
Here's something to check. The mic input jack is a monaural
input, but it requires a stereo plug, with audio on the tip,
and shield on the shell. There should be no connection to
the ring. There is a dc voltage on the ring that is used to
power electret mics, such as the usual computer mics. You
cannot connect a mono plug to the mic in jack. The plug has
to be a stereo plug, even though the ring is not used.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ