[WriteLog] MMTTY plug-in trick

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] MMTTY plug-in trick
From: Jerry Pixton <jpixton@shentel.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 12:36:20 +0000
MMTTY Plug-in users,

If you run two instances of MMTTY this might be of interest:

In my SO2R set-up, I have used the MMTTY plug-in for years (and I guess I
am using the full version rather than the engine being talked about). I
also use low tones on one radio and high tones on the other radio so I can
quickly tell which radio is talking to me.

I have always had to start up the Rttyrite windows in the proper order in
order to set the tones and to point to the proper sound card and channel.
This is easy enough to do before a contest; I do it every day for general
qso. But it is a big bother when the computer crashes during a contest and
you are trying to get back on the air.

After looking at the writelog.ini the other day, I tried the following
trick. I made a copy of the mmtty directory in .../Program Files/ and
pasted it back into /Program Files/ giving it a new name (mmtty_left).

Then I copied the mmtty location information in the writelog.ini rtty
decoder section, down to the rtty decoder 2 section and change the path to
the new directory.

Now when I start up the two instances of MMTTY, they each use their own
userpara.ini and the tones and sound board information is now president.
Much easier. I still have to open the rttyrite windows in the proper order
but I now longer have to configure one of them in a panic.

Jerry, W6IHG